Does Trail Labs sell bikes or components?
We do not currently sell bicycles. We do sell suspension components from all of the manufacturers. If you are looking for an upgrade we offer free steerer tube cutting, air volume reducer installation/removal, and bike installation if you live local to our shop. We also accept trade-ins of used components for a reduced price of buying a new component (price reduction determined upon inspection of used item, usually not to exceed 25%)
Does Trail Labs do bike repair / maintenance?
We specialize in the servicing, tuning, and repair of mountain bike suspension components, such as fork suspension, shocks, and seatposts (dropper posts). If you need other forms of service or repair, we recommend contacting a local bike shop in your area.
Where are you located?
With our distributed service business model, we specialize in servicing suspension components that are shipped to us from anywhere in the world. For convenience, we provide free return shipping within the continental US.
If you would like to visit our shop in person or arrange drop-off or pickup, we are located in Springfield, Missouri, USA. Our storefront and shipping address are located at:
Trail Labs LLC
422 W. Commercial St.
Springfield, MO 65803
What Brands do you service?
We currently service components by these manufacturers:
Can Trail Labs service other brands?
Yes, but with some limitations.
Our business is committed to timely service using a booking system. In order to do that, we have to stock all of the parts needed to fully service all models for the brands we carry. So while we have the ability to service other brands, we simply may not carry their service parts at this time.
If you have a component that is not listed on our website, simply contact us and we may be able to acquire the necessary parts to assist you.
Do you service motorbike or vehicle suspension components?
No. We only service mountain bike suspension components. We do not service suspension for motorcycles or other motorized vehicles, even if these brands are listed on our website.
What are your terms of service and policies?
Please review our Terms & Policies page for more information. You must agree to our terms before creating a booking or completing a purchase.
About Our Services
How does your service work?
Customers ship their mountain bike suspension components to us, and we service them at our facilities, and provide return shipping. It’s that simple!
To schedule your service, please follow these steps:
- Click the Book Now button in the website’s top menu, or visit our booking form.
- Create an account with us
- Find your suspension component in our booking system. If you do not find your component, please contact us to see if we can provide service.
- You will then select the day you would like for your service to occur. Note that we must receive your part before we can begin service.
- Enter your payment details. Payment will not be processed until service is complete.
When does service occur?
Service occurs after we receive your component, on the day that you have selected via our booking system.
You must be sure that you choose a shipping method that will allow your component to arrive the day before your service is scheduled to occur.
What if I ship my item late, or it does not arrive on time?
If we do not receive your component on the day before your scheduled service, then we will service it on the next available service day. We will communicate with you throughout this process so that you understand the status of your order. We appreciate your understanding and patience!
When am I charged for service?
You are only charged after your service is complete.
What if my payment does not go through?
If payment cannot be processed (due to insufficient funds, expired cards, or other errors), this may delay the return of your component. We will call or email you in order to fix any such issues and complete your payment. Your component will then be shipped after payment has successfully processed.
When will I receive my component after service?
We will ship your component within one business day after service has been completed. It will arrive within the standard ground shipping times unless you have selected and pre-paid for an expedited shipping option.
What is included in the price?
- Service Labor
- Necessary Parts and Materials*
- Return Shipping (via UPS Ground**)
- Sales tax
*The price of service will only change if your component needs a non-service part that is not stocked. For example, if you need a new CSU because your stanchions are scratched and you decide to go forward with the replacement, we will then add the additional charge to your bill when your payment is processed.
**While return shipping is included, If you choose expedited return shipping, this will increase your shipping cost.
Do you provide a service warranty?
We back all of our service work by a 90 day performance guarantee. Restrictions may apply. Please contact us for details.
When does my component need service?
Trail Labs follows the manufacturer's recommended servicing intervals. We recommend that you become familiar with the recommended servicing intervals for your component.
Please note that some brands may void the warranty on your component if their recommended service intervals are not followed.
Common servicing intervals vary. However, most manufacturers recommend mid-season service after 50 hours or every 3-6 months of riding (whichever comes first). Many recommend full service after 100-200 hours of riding, or yearly (whichever comes first). Again, please consult the recommended servicing intervals for your particular component, so that you maintain your warranty.
Manufacturers may also advise for more frequent service if you race or ride in harsh environments or harsh weather conditions. Please contact us if you have questions about the servicing intervals for your components.
When do I ship my component?
Ship your component only after you receive an email stating that your booking has been APPROVED for service. This email will clearly state that you may ship your component.
After you receive approval, we recommend shipping your component in accordance with your shipping provider's estimated arrival times. Be sure to check the estimated arrival date with your shipping provider to ensure that your component will arrive at Trail Labs at least one business day before your scheduled service appointment.
How do I Package my Component?
- Remove the component from your bike and clean as much dirt off as possible. Remove the brake mounting hardware, brake cable guide (if applicable), and any third party products such as; speedometers, race tags, and GPS devices. Shock mounting hardware should be shipped with shocks. Bikes with direct mount shocks that use a yolk (ex., Specilazed Enduro) should ship the yolk with the shock.
- Acquire a suitable size box that will hold your component.
- Wrap the component with packing paper, newspaper, bubble wrap, or foam padding, and place it inside the box. Use additional packing material to cushion your component inside the box.
- Place a copy of your booking order details in the box so we know who’s component we’re receiving.
- Tape all seams of the box and cover, or remove, any old shipping labels if you are reusing a box.
- Write your booking order number on the outside of the box.
- Ship your component to: Trail Labs LLC, 422 W Commercial St., Springfield, MO 65803
Which shipping service should I use?
We recommend UPS or FedEx for quick and reliable shipping. However, you may use any shipping service you prefer, provided that they can guarantee arrival to our facilitiesat least one business day before your scheduled service appointment.
What are my return shipping options?
We use UPS or FedEx Ground for all return shipping unless you would like an expedited service.
Ground shipping costs are included in our pricing. Additional shipping fees will be added to your final costs if you select expedited shipping.
When will my component arrive?
Our facilities are located in Missouri, near the center of the United States, and we find that UPS and FedEx Ground performs well with shipping components back to our US customers in a timely manner.
Customers in the Midwest or central US (Central or Mountain time) can typically expect to receive their component within two business days (even if expedited shipping is not selected).
Customers in the eastern or western US or near the coasts will typically receive their component in 3-5 business days.
International shipping may vary greatly.
Shipping estimates are subject to change, and can vary based on the time of year.
What if I need service on a deadline?
We offer servicing on the day you select through our booking system, so we can meet almost any deadline you specify. If you have a deadline, we strongly recommend that you ship your component via an expedited shipping service, and select expedited return shipping as well. Please also notify us of your deadline through the comments form when completing your booking.
However, if you cannot find a date in our booking system that works for you, or if you are concerned that we may be unable to return your component in time for an event, we recommend that you contact us first to to see if we can meet your requirements..
Can you custom tune my fork or shock?
Tuning is an interesting topic that requires detailed information prior to making adjustments. We often read about how many volume spacers riders use, or how other companies offer "re-valving" of damper valve assemblies. It can get confusing; social media and riding editors can mislead you.
Fortunately, we fully stock fork and shock volume spacers, tokens and rings, and we have the ability to tune your valve assembly using manufacturer-supplied shim stack configurations.
If you are interested in learning how to properly tune your component, or if you feel you need to change your spring rate or damping variables, please call the shop and talk to one of our technicians. We can discuss exactly what you want to achieve with your fork or shock, and can guide you in the right direction and determine exactly what you do or do not need.
Do you Nitro Charge?
Yes, we use Nitrogen to charge IFP chambers and will also use it in some shock air cans. Nitrogen is an inert gas, meaning it’s a property-free, non-reactive substance.
Nitrogen is better than air for several reasons:
- Air contains about 20% Oxygen. Oxygen and water contamination in air chambers can lead to corrosion of rubber and metal components. This will ultimately lead to a shock failing sooner than those filled with Nitrogen. Nitrogen does not contain water so there is less chance of your component corroding.
- Shocks filled with air will heat faster than shocks with Nitrogen. Theoretically this can lead to a change in oil viscosity when being ridden for long periods. The shock air can chamber surrounds the damper and as the air heats, so does the oil inside the damper. When the oil heats, its viscosity changes and the oil flows more freely through the valve assemblies, which leads to a loss of damping variables. Riders may notice a change in their shock's ride performance.
- Nitrogen has larger molecules than air. This means the Nitrogen is less likely to permeate through the seals. Shocks filled with air will lose a few PSI every month. Nitrogen-filled shocks will lose little to no pressure.
Do you work with other bike shops or resellers?
We love to work with bike shops! If you have customers who need our services, you can set up a professional account, schedule their booking, receive it direct from us when the service is complete. We offer a special “reseller” discount for local bike shops who use our services.