A number of exciting upgrades have been made to the race-winning DH38 platform; together they form the new iteration of our downhill fork: the DH38 m.1.
Capable of absorbing even the smallest of bumps as well as coping with the big drop-offs, making for a smoother, faster, more controlled run; whether they are fitted to your pedal-powered or e-MTB gravity rig.
Key new features
- New lubrications and functional grease decrease the breakaway force and make the fork feel smoother.
- New low friction seal head design that also enables increased oil levels for better lubrication.
- The negative chamber can now be tuned to be bigger; delivering further improved comfort; or to add spacers for increased feedback and control.
- The DH38 m.1 utilises the pressurized piston design from the highly-rated RXF36 m.2 ensuring even more consistent damper performance.
- A new needle design increases the adjustability of low-speed compression and rebound damping.
- Improved durability and serviceability, both in terms of construction and having more parts and kits shared with the RXF36 m.2.
- A new ramp-up tube design increases durability and minimizes service downtime.
- Redesigned high-speed and low-speed compression damping adjusters for better click feeling.
- A cassette tool interface has been implemented on both damper and air spring for easier take-down servicing and lower risk of scratching during maintenance.
- A further refined one-way valve controlling the twin tube oil flow, another successful design element adopted from the RXF36 m.2.
The adjustment range specifically for gravity use; both race or park, has been increased to 15 clicks of low-speed compression and low-speed rebound damping and 5 clicks of high-speed compression damping. The twin-piston, three-chamber air spring system is isolated from the upper tubes to reduce head build-up and features easy air spring tuning with from the initial movement, through to full bottom out; possible via both the main and ramp up chambers.
Crown included with fork purchase. Select the desired wheel size, travel, and crown offset during checkout.
Not recommended for use on e-bikes that generate more than 500 watts.